WHO IS THE DRUNKEN TAOIST?
The Drunken Taoist is a bi-monthly podcast by writer/martial artist/college professor/whatever-label-you-feel-like-adding Daniele Bolelli. Episodes feature discussions and interviews with one or more guests. The common thread of topics covered by the show includes whatever makes life intense, passionate and worth living. Anything that meets this requirement is fair game—regardless of whether the starting point is religion, politics, sex, martial arts, philosophy, history, or any other specific field.
- Writing sixteen books and having a TV show is barely more than an accident in the life of a seeker
- Questioning everything is the name of the game
- Trading time for money
- Why martial arts? From David Carradine to the Holocaust, passing through stolen lunch money
- The joys of martial arts politics. If you put one martial artist alone in a room, before too long he’ll be arguing with himself.
- “I look at you and I see Moy Yat” and spits: a typical Chinese martial arts story
- Stumbling onto the Da Vinci of martial arts
- Chinese culture puzzles Daniele
- Good God, why don’t you listen to Bolelli?”–the sentence that everyone on earth should be speaking
- Becoming an ordained Taoist monk
- Writing a love story about Lao Tzu
- Star Wars and Taoism
- The art of embracing simplicity while having salmon flown in from Scotland for lunch
- Government permission to reincarnate… only in China!
- Favorite translations of the tao te ching